I had an older, white opal that had the usual blue, pink, yellow, etc., spark and fire. I didn't know how delicate these gems can be, and I wore it often. I never hit or dropped it, but I did wear it while I washed dishes. The sparks have now become almost "blurred" together, as if all of the points of fire have been smudged into one big streak of light blue across a pale white background, and all of the luster has dulled. I am sick over this. Had I known better, I would have taken it off before doing dishes. Is there anything that can be done to restore this beautiful, old Opal that I ruined out of ignorance? Thank you for your help.