• Register

Information for users from the old Q&A site
If you have an account from our old Q&A site, your account was transferred over, but you need to reset your password and confirm your email address.
Reset Password here
Confirm Email here

2,233 questions

3,895 answers


101,823 users

What is this called?

0 votes

I have a vintage gemstone ring(clear spinel) that has the overall shape of an emerald cut stone, but the face of the stone has vertical facets (running north to south). This is an old piece of costume jewelry 40s or 50s (10k white and yellow gold) but the cut is very interesting and I haven't seen it before. Can anyone tell me what this type of cut is called? Thanks so much, Susan

asked Dec 20, 2014 by susan16 (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Can you post a picture? Or two...

answered Dec 22, 2014 by Weasel (58,320 points)